Thursday, December 31, 2009

Vomit free since '93.

Okay, that's Ted Mosby's line, I know. I just used it as a title for this blog because it's too cute. Anyway, it's only a day until 2010, and because I was inspired by this pretty girl's blog post, I thought to make my own. Here loves, I give you the highlights of my year: Cloud nine in 2009! (Corny? Patheti--oh yeah? Come here and I'll punch you in the face.)

2009 has been relatively good for me. Well, this year I finally landed on a job that I like, and I met new amazing people that I love! A lot of bittersweet moments, tearjerkers, and LMAO times happened this year, and I don't regret any moment of it.


Here they are:








 beautiful chaos. that night.

.:.It was Valentines Day's eve. The pandemonium (toinkz!) moment was totally legendary. It was Friday night, and the Fair grounds got jampacked with a freaking number of people, that no amount of security ever tamed the place down. 'Twas chaos in there! We all ran our asses off to escape the istampidi (stampede) that's happening behind us, escaped to Tomato Kick for a drinking session, then to Matalino for videoke, but ended up drinking at home to celebrate Valentines Day. Awesome night, you gays. I love eeeet.



 The O.C. is L.O.V.E.

.:. After a looooong time of waiting, walking, running, wanting, praying, I finally got the chance to say that, "Good things come to those who wait." I landed on a job and met new friends in the process. Yes, it may not be the most ideal job in the world, but the people in there made it the best.



 admit it. you got hooked too.

.:. It all started when I got LSS-ed with the song by the Wonder Girls when I heard it at the taxi going to work. Soon after, I found myself downloading it and playing it over and over again. Then my officemates got hooked too! Until we reached the point where we were all lining up to watch the video and learn the dance steps. Nobadi-nobadi-but-chu! (clap clap) :)



 BOLD.
.:. You and I sort of have some mental telepathy going on, and it's maybe because of our almost 11 years of friendship. That night we met up with our friend and her boyfriend at Gateway Cubao, Then we almost simultaneously suggested that we all go to Cubao X because we heard it's fun there. And it was! We chugged Redhorse down our throats while talking about, well, anything under the sun. Me confessing my undying love to someone who's already gone, you  saying "I know." Cubao X has been our "happy place" ever since.



sweet escape!


.:. We were stressed that night, and nights before that night because of an upcoming event. It was a Friday night, the first Friday of that month, therefore it was time for more bonding. However, something came up with our other companions. We ended up drinking in Dencio's Trinoma until 2 in the morning. Then, out of spontaneity, we all decided to hit the road and go to Tagaytay. And we did--we escaped the responsibilities we had in Manila, the pressure of the big event, the worries that dragged us down. We waited for the sun to rise in a "coffee shop" down the road. It was fun. It was the best stress-reliever. I hope to do this one of these days, with all of you again. :)



 my hands were yours to hold (but you blew it).

.:. Although it was a mistake to ever begin the secret life of bees that we had in the first place, I do not regret it. Well, I regret some moments but generally it was good because it prevented my days then from becoming a boring routine, and it made me a changed person. This particular night in Mogwai, I would never forget not only because it was fun, but because it gave me an awesome profile picture. Heh. Kidding. Because this night was one of the happiest nights I've had in my life.


not the real car.
.:. It was an ordinary afternoon. Us three going home together with the help of the lucky orange car. Our ride home started off with LMAO moments upon hearing the "Bakla" and "Tibo" songs, but ended up with a life-changing conversation about boys being boys and everything in between. Because of this, my principle on love, and life, got completely overhauled. I got off the car a changed person.



date my (drunk) ex. photo taken the same night.

yeah. we got drunk the first night we met again. what up!

.:. "Kring, can I ask a favor?" This was the text message that started it all, and prevented me from committing the worst mistake of my life. The air was cold when I met you that dusk, with you smiling at me with your big backpack from your stay in Baguio. I smiled back and you immediately held me in your arms as you whispered, "Good morning," as if nothing happened in between the two years that we didn't speak with each other. You kissed me, and I kissed you back. I wished for that moment to happen, just so you know. And it did.



"Salamat, Kring."
.:. I was supposed to go to Trinoma to meet you all there, but I ended up drinking GSM Blue at the tambayan. I knew you were all planning a surprise for me, because well, it was the day--my birthday. I got home touched and ROFL upon seeing your birthday surprise: a framed close-up picture of me with Pa Hippo on the side with flowers and candles, as if it were a wake, my wake. Genius! Thanks gays. It was legendary!



This time the rose was for me.
:. It was your birthday. I was supposed to meet you three hours earlier, but as the saying goes, "something always comes up", we met up later than planned. I was very pissed with all that's happening that night, but upon seeing the rose on the table, and you smiling at me, all the bad vibes disappeared. After eating dinner at Gateway, we braved the rain and went to Cubao X for a drink, and then to our favorite hang-out place to party. The entire night itself was legendary, but it got better. The morning after we got stranded on a bus for eight fucking hours. We got home wet, feverish, and exhausted, but nonetheless, that Fri-Sat-Sun that we shared will never be forgotten. It was the best birthday gift ever, you told me.



My best vacation so far.
.:. It was the vacation of my dreams. White sand, blue sea, infinity pool, bottomless food and drinks, great people, and you to complete it. I conquered my fear of deep waters by trying to kayak, and I had fun! Too bad I didn't have pictures taken when I was out there on the sea. Those three days were awesome. Next year, we'll conquer Bora. <3


2009 was awesome.
Bring it, 2010! I'll take pictures. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment