Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Because modern love is overrated, ours is a space-time love affair.*

We are currently separated by a hundred thousand miles and -7 hours, but I'd like to think we're doing fine. This is an adventure, a space-time love affair (a term we disguise an LDR with, so it wouldn't seem so sad). Thank you, technology, Eames and Gomes (our iPods), a month without physical connection has become bearable.

This is more of an adventure for him of course, because he actually gets to travel to another country and see the other side of the world. But I'd like to see it as my adventure too, especially because he lets me be part of it by updating me every chance he gets, taking pictures of the places he has been, food he has eaten, and other random things, and showing them to me before he goes to sleep.

With this space-time love affair, I get to cherish the littlest of things, the conversations, his smile, his voice (though I can't really hear him clearly, it's a problem I have: I actually have to see a person to hear him, weird). I used to be anti-long distance relationships, basically because I'm a distrustful person. But being in one changed my point of view. I do not love it of course, (I would still prefer holding him close to me) but I do not hate it. It's bearable. The first few days are exciting; looking forward to his updates is what keeps me going. Every time he shows me a picture of a place he has been, I imagine being there too. I imagine a scene, a conversation, what I will be wearing, what I will look like in pictures, me smiling, holding his hand.

But of course, what keeps me from going insane is the assurance that he'll be back soon. He will, and I cannot wait.

----

Of course, a song!



All I want in life's a little bit of love to take the pain away
Getting strong today, a giant step each day

----

*His words <3

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex! But you're getting married, so I suppose LDR no more in the next (few) months? :)

    ReplyDelete