Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Excuse me for not wanting to be rich.

I had the greatest weekend of my life last Saturday and Sunday, thanks to my mother for blurting out to my sibs that their sister (me) has no ambition and is one completely useless and ungrateful bitch--all because I told them that I really have no dreams of being filthy rich, and that I will be contented with just having a house of my own and a car. Wow. Thanks mom, you're the best.

While this may or may not completely ruin my relationship with my parents, I decided to just shrug it off my shoulders and move on. At least something good came out of it. Well, it made me think hard of what I really want to do and accomplish in my life. I know, this sounds so grown up and I hate being one, but I am now 23, so I might as well start thinking and acting my age.

So I listed down the things I want in my life. And no, this isn't a bucket list. These aren't the final list, nor the ultimate goals I have in mind, either. I'll update this from time to time, because you know, life happens and changes things.



1. Have my own house and a car. Because I have already accepted the reality that I may not own a house in the Corinthian Garden unless I hook-up with Willie Revillame or Manny Pacquiao, I'd settle for a simple, two-bedroom house in the city. Yes, I want to live in the city because life is fast here and that makes me happy. The only thing that slows down life in the city is the stupid traffic. Anyway, the car I'd like to own is the beetle, be it the old or new model, I just want that type of car. Plus, I'd probably never drive it because I'll never learn how to drive, I have bad eyes-hands-feet coordination. I'm not a multitasker, really.

2. Visit New York and Paris at least once in my life. All because of my most favorite TV series, Sex and the City. If I could sum up my ambition in life, then it would be this: I'd like to live like Carrie Bradshaw. Yup. So New York, because all my favorite TV series (How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Sex and the City) were set in that place. I'd like to experience the polluted air of Manhattan, and maybe walk at the Brooklyn Bridge ala Miranda and take a second chance on a lost love. Paris, well, who doesn't want to go there? It has been my dream to go there ever since I took French 10, see the Eiffel Tower, and smoke my lungs out at one of the city's coffee shops. Ooh, it's going to be de... wait for it... lightful. Delightful.

3. Wake up in the morning and see clearly. Literally. Now I'm talking about getting a Lasik surgery. I am legally blind, just so you know. It sucks to wake up in the morning and not see anything, or wake up in the middle of the night and see creepy shadows, which in reality are just electric fans. Good thing I have already memorized the structure of our apartment from my bed down to the floor, from our room to the stairs outside the front door. If anything gets suddenly rearranged, then I'm screwed.

4. Support my brother's college education. Wokei, this is getting serious. But really, this will always be part of the things I want to do. By the time my brother starts his college life, I'll be 31. So, by that time I hope I pretty much have saved something to get him to the college of his choice. I just hope he doesn't screw up like me, though. Haha.

5. Have a kid by 36. This is a recent addition to my list, and is brought upon by my encounter with Eumi, my mother's cousin's daughter. I don't like kids at all. When I was a kid, I used to hate and bully my playmates because I think they're stupid--they followed everything I say and believed all my made-up fairy stories. Duh. Anyway, so my dislike of kids still remains, but after holding Eumi in my arms, I realized that I like babies. And I'd like to have my own when I'm older. I chose age 36 because I like even numbers and I think, by that age I'd be financially stable to have a kid and support my bro. And if you notice, I just said I'd like to have a kid, and not a family. Because I don't want to get married. The father of my kid may live with us after knocking me up, if he's not a douchebag and he's single. Or he may not live with us, but he must provide child support or I'll sue.

6. Sleep with Derek Ramsey and/or Jericho Rosales. Don't ask why. Can't you see how yummy these two are?

As you can see, I'm not a complicated type of person; my wishes are simple and I think of practical things. I know they say, dream big. But I say, dream big, but set these dreams in reality. So excuse me for not wanting to be rich. At least I know what I want in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment