You are in big trouble at this point, because today I will start building a big fence around you.
Whether you like it or not, roses will be at your door. Everyday. Petals on the floor, on your bath, on the bed. Resist them if you must, but it isn't your choice really. There is no backing out, now that you've crossed the line.
You see, there was this piece of me holding back the danger, keeping it to myself. But you have unleashed it, and I have no other choice but to let go. No one wanted this. I never wished for this to happen, but it did.
So this means goodbye to the secret world you've been keeping. To the lies you've been living. Today, the courtesans dancing on your lap at the revue bar you've been frequenting to must be banished. The sudden swerves will no longer be an option. Your fire will die down only by my water.
No, don't think I'll hold out a chain and tie you. You are free. But your soul is a captive of the spell I have cast.
Because today, you put yourself in big trouble.
There isn't any backing out.
It is never a good idea to mess with a stranger, love, especially if the stranger is me.
*from a scene in 500 Days of Summer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment