Today, you told me you love me three times.
It was the middle of the night; we left the TV on. I was in the middle of hanging on to reality and drifting away to dreamland when I felt your warm hands cup my face. "I love you," you said, as you gently kissed my lips. Perhaps because I was too tired and sleepy from work and eternal bus rides that I didn't even bother to open my eyes to confirm that what just happened really happened and I went back to sleep.
I was pretty sure it was just a dream until the time I woke you up in the morning when our food arrived. You were delighted that I ordered bacon and egg sandwich and your favorite egg noodle soup. You stared at me and smiled. "I love you," you said, and kissed my cheeks over and over. I closed my eyes.
While we were on the bus on our way home, I played the scene over and over in my head to convince myself all of it was true. And perhaps to assure me even more, you kissed me while we were walking to my house. "I love you," you said. I smiled.
(I am disappointed how I could not capture into words the happiness that I feel. Will find time to edit this.)
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment